Have you been thinking about making your own cards?
If you are a complete beginner it can be a bit daunting to walk into a scrapbooking shop and try to buy everything you need, so I’ve put together a list of items to help get you started. This is not a comprehensive list but it will give you the basis to make cards.
If you are really interested in learning the ropes it is a good idea to attend a few classes. I run classes in the Croydon area of Victoria I would love to have you join one of my small and friendly groups. We meet fortnightly and make three cards using Stampin’ UP! Stamp Sets and Accessories. These are the items you would bring to classes, with the exception of the self healing cutting mat. These are provided in class.
- Paper Trimmer
- Paper Snips or Scissors with fine point for fussy cutting
- Bone Folder
- Cardstock (216 gsm is perfect)
- Double sided tape 1/4″ and wet glue (I like Tombow Mono Multipurpose but any craft glue would do.
- Glue Dots (for sticking down small items with firm hold)
- Scoring Tool (there are alternative methods like using a ruler and dry biro but a scoring tool is indispensible in my mind).
- Dimensionals – Small raised sticky backed discs for raising your layers
- 12” metal ruler
- Craft knife
- Self healing Cutting Mat (A3 available from K-mart for $6)
Once you have these few basic items you may want to buy some accessories such as punches, patterned papers etc.
There is a lot to choose from in the accessories department. This is where it is really helpful to attend a few classes, just to get a handle on what is involved and how to use and choose wisely. I can highly recommend Stampin’ UP! for their coordinating products, everything mixes and matches and is all very high quality. You get the best results when your tools and products are good quality. And they last longer too. Buy the best you can afford.
If you would like more information about any of the items listed above, or would like to join my card making classes please leave a comment below with your email address and I will contact you.
If you would like to purchase any of the items on my list or would like more information about them click on the shop button above.
For more information on my classes and class dates please leave me a comment below with your email address and I will get back to you.