I would like to thank my friend at : craftandothercrazyplans for this lovely nomination.
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to
Why did I start this blog?
Hand crafting is a way of life for me. I became a Stampin’ UP! demonstrator 5 years ago and began running classes from home when I found that many other people wanted to learn to make my cards. I had never been interested in selling cards, but I did enjoy teaching people how. I know how happy my classes make people and that is why I continue.
Moving onto blogging was a natural progression from facebook groups and other social media. It has taken me a while to get to grips with it and I should probably spend more time, but I don’t want it to become something I do because I have to, rather I want to enjoy meeting others who enjoy the things I enjoy so much. Sharing is part of hand crafting and the people one meets as a result of a posting something you have made is very gratifying.
Tips for new bloggers?
- Keep it simple: Start off with something easy, like a photograph or an uplifting quote.
- Don’t forget the importance of tags and Categories. Add them to every post.
- Always thank people for taking the time to comment. Likes are nice, but a comment is gold.
I am tagging:
All of these awesome blogs: (because they have influenced me in some way and I enjoy visiting them and hearing what they have to say, share, create, places they visit or things they write about).
- of snailmailbooks and vanities
PLEASE NOTE: if anyone would prefer not to be nominated for this award please let me know and I will remove you immediately.