I’m sharing these thoughts from a blogging friends whose blog I enjoy so much. I know many of you suffer insomnia as I myself do at times. These ideas may be helpful.
Does fibromyalgia cause insomnia or does insomnia cause fibromyalgia? I do not have a definitive answer.
I do knowthat insomnia took hold of my life forseven years, letting go of its grip in small bursts, but now limiting itself (thankfully) to occasional very short bouts.
My Top 10 Tips for Healing Insomnia are:
- Limit caffeine, sugar and alcohol in your diet,
- Avoid exercising in the evening,
- Avoid watching television right before bedtime, especially the news!
- Keep to a regular bedtime,
- Epsom salt baths are magnesium rich and aid restful sleep. Magnesium supplements also help,
- Keep you bedroom free of clutter, including books, excess furniture, clothes lying on the floor…
- Keep electronic equipment out of the bedroom – no televisions, computers, mobile phones…
- Decorate your bedroom in restful colours – if in doubt use pastels,
- Invest in a good quality bed, use hypoallergenic bedding, washed in environmentally friendly products,
- Keep a journal by…
View original post 71 more words