Things didn’t go quite as planned with this album but I think I managed to save it.
As I mentioned, September is a big birthday month for me. I made two albums as gifts and each one had it’s challenges. The basic album is the same for each one, you can see my first album here, Rachel’s album.
Sadly the birthday girl is unwell and we haven’t yet caught up on the promised lunch date. She’s not a blogger so I feel safe showing you her album and not spoiling the surprise.
A few more photo’s . I really loved making this and I see a few more to come.
So what went wrong???
I had completed the album cover and inserted all the pages and was admiring my handiwork. I was so disappointed to see that the spine had split on one side. I didn’t want to start all over again but I didn’t quite know what to do about it. I thought I could put another cover over the spine and tried different things but wasn’t really happy with anything.
I knew the cover of the album was going to be finished in white, silver and blue (my friends favourite colours) and I had some white muslin. This idea was either make or break and I had a distinct vision of it all ending up in the bin. However I persevered and came up with this for the cover.
It worked out pretty well I thought. I hope you enjoyed seeing my friend’s birthday album. I’ll let you know what she thinks when we catch up.